Job Purpose: (Key Responsibilities)
Responsible for performing audits as well as assisting the senior auditor(s) in designing and conducting audits of different businesses process as per the approved audit plan which will include both financial and operational audits, and will be conducted as per Council audit methodology as well as in conformance with the professional internal audit standards published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- To perform financial and operational audits under the direction of the GM Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance and/or senior Internal Auditor as per the audit plan from planning through to the testing writing of the draft report on findings
- To identify and recommend improvements in internal controls and value addition opportunities
- To participate in the discussion of the results of the testing and the recommendations raised with the process owners/managers
- Participate in the writing of the draft audit report for process owners/managers as well as the audit committee
- Participate in the follow-ups regarding recommendations with the process owners/managers
- To develop a detailed understanding of the Council and the Business Process applied in the unit(s)
- To develop and maintain solid relationships with management and key employees
Job Requirements and Knowledge:
- Skills relevant to the job include the education and/or experience, specialized training and competencies required by the incumbent to be able to perform the job in accordance with specified expectations.
- Ability to process diverse and technical issues as well as complex queries.
- The candidate must also have a proper understanding of risk-based auditing concepts, including working knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Logical Reasoning
- Organization Skills
- Customer Relations
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Forecasting
- Conflict Handling
- People management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric/ Grade12 Certificate
- Diploma or a B-degree in Internal Auditing or Accounting
- Professional qualification/ registration (CIA, CISA) with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) would be an advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in an auditing environment
- Knowledge of the Labour Relations Act
- Knowledge of audit methodologies